Sunday, February 15, 2015

3 EXPRESSIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

HOLY SPIRIT SERIES 3



SERMON OUTLINE

INTRO: CLOTHED, EMPOWERED IMMERSED! “The Emperor's New Clothes" – Andersen.

SCRIPTURE READING:
PSALM 68:28 TO 35; 2 CHRONICLES 20: 1 TO 7; 1 CORINTHIANS 10:1 TO 6; LUKE 24: 44 TO 53.

3 EXPRESSIONS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

1. CLOTHED+ (74): (1) First Occurrence is Genesis 3:21, “The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.” (2) “But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.” Luke 15:22. (3) “I am going to send you what My Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49.

2. EMPOWERED+ (288): (1) First Occurrence in Genesis 31:29, “ I have the power to harm you; but last night the God of your father said to me, 'Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad.' ” (2) “O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.” 2 Chronicles 20:6, 7.(3) Last Words of Lord Jesus: “I am going to send you what My Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." Luke 24:49.

3. IMMERSED+ (92): (1) First Occurrence in Mathew 3:6 but in 11, “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.” (2) JOHN 3:23, 16 AND 35, 34 AND LUKE 4:1. (3) “For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.” 1 Corinthians 10:1 and 2.

CONCLUSION: “Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment